About & Services
About Burnham L&D Ltd
My name is Rachel Burnham and I help trainers and L&D professionals become even more effective in their work. I am passionate about the impact that learning & development can have on individuals and organisations.
· Writing and design commissions – I have written materials for CIPD subscription services ToolClicks and HR Inform on L&D related topics. Recently, I provided consultancy to reshape and modernise a ‘train the trainer’ programme for a client.
· I design & facilitate short update learning programmes aimed at L&D professionals to build skills or update knowledge. For example, I ran a session at the 2016 CIPD L&D Show ‘Getting Started in Digital Skills for L&D Professionals’. I facilitated a session for the HR team of Rathbones on using social media for HR & L&D.
· I design & deliver bespoke train the trainer programmes both for those new to training and more experienced L&D professionals. I also work one to one with L&D professionals to develop their skills eg in using live online learning or webinars.
· I work with organisations to design and facilitate blended learning programmes to improve people management skills. Recent examples include career development and performance management.
· I make use of Sketchnoting to facilitate learning through live Sketchnoting events, such as the CIPD Manchester/Merseyside Northern Powerhouse conference.
I have over 25 years of experience in training and L&D. This was gained initially working in voluntary organisations and more recently with a wide range of organisations from the private, public and voluntary sectors, during my 16 years as an independent L&D consultant.I initially studied management at Aston University, before gaining a CIPD L7 Diploma in HR. I am the CIPD Manchester Public Policy Adviser. I am a Fellow of the Learning & Performance Institute.
I am a tutor for MOL Learn on the CIPD Foundation Certificate in L&D and I was the lead designer for this blended learning programme.
My work has been published both by CIPD and the LPI.